Tuesday, July 6, 2010

summer adventures

On one of our mother-son summer adventures, Binbin and I went down to Two Lights State Park. Binbin had just picked up a Maine State Parks "passport," with pages for stamping your visit to each of Maine's 48 state parks. The first snapshot has him making a goofy face at the little playground, which featured an interactive wheel of truth. You make a statement like: "I'm the most awesome Mama in the whole world" or "I'm really really good at Legos" and then give the wheel a spin. It responds with "right on!" or "kinda" or "nah!"





The rocky terrain at Two LIghts is pretty spectacular. We picked up schist (?) and bragged, "I'm so strong like a superhero that I can break rocks with my bare hands!"



Here' Binbin taking a closer look at a natural quarry.



AFter our time at Two Lights, we realized that, despite the name, there were no lighthouses to be explored in this state park, so we drove up to Portland Headlight to get a closer look. Well, that light is a working light, so there is no public access. Still, we had fun, ate a snack, and Binbin posed with the lighthouse for this photo.

No comments: