Saturday, May 19, 2007

Garden on a cloudy day

We went on two big outings while Yeye and Nainai were here. One was to the Garden next to the Palace Museum. The other was to the zoo. I'll tell you about the Garden first.

It was a cloudy day and there were signs posted that said we couldn't feed the fish, though we did anyway. Mama and I were watching the fish and wondering why they were hiding under Yeye. Some of the fish were as big as me. Luckily, I didn't fall in, though I tried to scare mama as much as possible. A nice man gave me some fish food that I threw to the "starving" fish.




After watching the fish eat I realized that I hadn't eaten and called an emergency family meeting, at which I declared that we should retire to another location and eat. Which we did.




While we were eating this guy and his young "assistant" were trying to trade some calligraphy for a 挖土機 (excavator). Mama told me that it was really some famous calligrapher named Wang Xizhi who was trading his calligraphy for geese. Looked to me like he was trading for an excavator. Why would you want geese when you could have an excavator?



After lunch we went and checked out the Emperor's pavilion. Baba tried to get me to pose in the Emperor's seat, but I decided it would make a much better picture if I posed under the Emperor's table.

No comments: